Ease Your Jaw Pain With TMJ Treatment in Gainesville
Like many of our patients once did, you may struggle with jaw pain and tenderness. Perhaps you’re fed up with your jaw popping when you eat or enduring regular headaches. If you have these symptoms, you may be suffering from TMJ problems. The good news is, Taylor Dentistry can offer you relief using a custom oral appliance. With our Gainesville TMJ treatment, we can help you:
- Get rid of nagging jaw pain
- Make your mealtimes more comfortable and relaxed
- Lessen the frequency and intensity of your headaches
- Relieve tension in your facial muscles and shoulders
- Prevent damage to your teeth caused by grinding
If this sounds good to you, call us today at 888-387-1599 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Taylor has trained at the esteemed Pankey Institute, with a focus on head and neck muscle issues and occlusal splint therapy related to TMJ concerns. You’ll receive excellent treatment from her and our team!
Get the Relief You Deserve With Our TMJ Therapy
If you’re experiencing an aching jaw or have difficulty opening and closing your mouth, you may have a condition called TMJ disorder. The temporomandibular joints (TMJs) are the joints that connect your jawbone to your skull. When they’re not working properly, it can cause discomfort and make it hard to open and close your mouth. One effective treatment we use is therapy with a custom TMJ appliance.
A custom-made oral appliance, such as a splint or mouthguard, lessens TMJ symptoms. Your appliance will be designed to fit comfortably in your mouth and help correct the alignment of your jaw. This type of therapy offers several benefits in treating TMD:
- Relieving Jaw Pain – The oral appliance helps reduce pressure on the TMJs, alleviating discomfort.
- Minimizing Teeth Grinding – Your mouthguard will act as a protective barrier, preventing damaging teeth grinding and clenching. These habits are common contributors to TMJ problems and can damage your teeth badly enough that restorative treatment is needed.
- Reducing Headaches – By preventing teeth grinding, an appliance can help eliminate the frequent headaches that many TMJ sufferers experience.
- Restoring Jaw Function – By repositioning your jaw, the appliance helps restore proper movement, allowing you to open and close your mouth more comfortably.
For beneficial TMJ treatment in Gainesville, call Taylor Dentistry today at 888-387-1599. You can also request an appointment online. Don’t forget to schedule your next dental cleaning and exam too.